Macbook HD dead or not dead?

Reaction score
Hi all,
Ok this is the story, thank you for your time reading this.
Trust me, i know how google works and get my way around troubles with it usually but after spending 5 evenings with 5 hours of searching on the web and not getting any solution to this. Ill just start this thread.

Im having a Macbook White 2,4 GHZ with 4 GB of RAM.
It was running 10.5.4 leopard.
I was looking around on the web about hackintosh stuff and found an image and some tools. Made the image for my pc, Toasted it on DVD and installed on pc. Works like a charm. I tried OSX86Tools on the Mac to see what it was but did nothing with it.

I always have my Macbook in sleep mode when not using it. I tried a reboot and then suddenly i get the flashing question mark in a folder. What the ****?
So I searched my way with my friend google and tried to find an solution to this matter. I discoverd it probaly died. I was blown away...
I did not wanted to believe this so I putted my macbook in target mode, saved all of my files to my gf's macbook. Works great tough.
The I tried to reinstall MACOSX on the HDD. Booted DVD, and opened disk utility, formatted it macosx journaled and did disk repair but the log told my it was working as it should. The hdd IS visible in disk utilty!
So i installed a new copy of Leopard and works fine untill i have to get my disc 2 and let it reboot.. it wont continue installing or booting into macosx.
I tried pressing SHIFT during boot, OPT, CMD+OPT+P+R, X, and many other combinations. Also i tried to remove battery and pressed the power button for 5 seconds.
Nothing seems to work.. not even a clean install and im still getting that **** question mark! Or i get a world globe in my boot screen.
Ok thats fancy now just put back the apple logo you sarcastic moron. I need to do my homework!
It can install but booting is getting me nowhere.

OK next step.. Ubuntu live cd and OMG it sees it too!
Installed ubuntu and booted from hdd! So its still alive.
Then tried macosx install again but the same ??????? folder pops up. -.-

Ok that was enough so i left the macbook at the local apple store.
They had the same problem. Install oke but no booting.
Their solution: new hard drive inserted and it ran! OMG is that everything you can think up? I know a new hard drive would work but why not trying the old one as it pops up in disk utility! You must tell me they can do better then that as apple experts!

Now i was being told about the program called Disk Warrior Disk Warrior 3.0
You can repair damaged hard drives while using this tool.
Im thinking that a sector of the harddrive is corrupted so it wont boot anymore.
I did not try this yet because its still at the apple store.
Im no expert but is there anyone who can help me with this?

Thank you so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Sounds like it's already been fixed.

OP
M
Reaction score
Sounds like it's already been fixed.

oke, how do you think its already been fixed.. on what part of my story ur referring to?
its NOT fixed since i tried a clean install, but it wont see the HD as a bootable disk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
I don't know everything about what you mentioned above, and I hate to introduce the notion, but you may have a fried logic board. I had a very similar problem, tried all the same things, and ended at that conclusion. However, the logic board killed a few hard drives, so if you don't get that problem, it's probably something else. Like I said, I'm no expert, but that might be your problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
oke, how do you think its already been fixed.. on what part of my story ur referring to?
its NOT fixed since i tried a clean install, but it wont see the HD as a bootable disk.

I must have misread your post I thought you said the apple store put in a new drive and it worked

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.