Serious Safari Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8 G5 -- 3 Gigs RAM -- 23" Cinema Display -- OneTouch II 300GB External HD -- Wacom Intuos3
okay,

last week in the middle of the day, safari stopped showing websites properly. i was using it all day and everything was fine. then when logging into yahoo mail, everything went to gibberish. there are only a few sites (random) that will come up readable. What is going on?

it was after the latest update.

yes i tried my text encoding.

verified preferences.

i'm forced to use IE and i don't like it.

please help,
kurt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
font conflict. have you added a lot of fonts recently? or changed the display fonts in safari's preferences? if you have a lot of fonts, what do you use for font management?

D

Desolate One

You said you've verified permissions but have you repaired them? Also, did you quit Safari and restart it to see if that helped? I had a problem with my tabbed viewing and bookmarks the other day. I quit the appliction and started her back up and all was well again. Give it a shot and let us know how it pans out.

OP
WhatTheCrap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8 G5 -- 3 Gigs RAM -- 23" Cinema Display -- OneTouch II 300GB External HD -- Wacom Intuos3
thanks for the help guys. i'm a designer so i have a tone of fonts which makes it difficult to notice that my arial font was damaged!! i fixed the problem.

thanks again guys!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.