Reinstalling Apps from back up drive onto new hard drive after crash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook with 2 GHz Intel Core Duo processor and Snow Leopard
Hi folks_
does anyone know how to reinstall Adobe CS2 (Indesign, Photoshop, etc.) from my La Cie backup drive after hard drive crash and replacement onto my new hard disk? I copied applications over, but they won't open saying there are "missing system fonts or CMaps, please reinstall Indesign or please reinstall photoshop." I tried copying old system folder and old font folder and old Applications Support folder, but did not help. I don't have my original installation disks with me and have a project due ASAP. If anyone knows which fonts or CMaps it speaks of, where to find them and where to put them, please let me know.

I have a MacBook with and 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo processor.

Thank you!

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook with 2 GHz Intel Core Duo processor and Snow Leopard
Thanks_
However, I'm not too confident about Adobe being helpful. When I first bought the software one of the disks had a defect and it took me 6 months of conversations with their tech support and jumping through a hundred hoops to get them to replace the faulty disks. I had to threaten to report them to the State's Attorney General to finally get them to replace them with working disks, so I am doubtful they will replace 2 year old misplaced disks when they would rather sell me the new software. I have a deadline and need to resolve this quickly.

If anyone knows what the missing files are and where to find them, it would be lovely.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.