Stupid Question

H

hank1

After weeks of trying this and that, I've finally got it to where I can see both my Dells on the Mac under MSHOME (the workgroup name) in Network. Don't ask me how I got there, I don't know. And from experience I know how elusive this can be; I've been able to see at least one of the Dells before only to have it disappear suddenly. Also I can now see the Mac on both Dells, and sometimes that's only temporary too.

My question is: on the Mac is there anything I can do to make sure this is a permanent thing?

:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
what i have done is put the mounted share in my startup so that it starts up everytime i turn on the iBook.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
In the past, I have noticed this, but sometimes you need to wait a minute. Or sometimes, I click in the Network window in Finder to get the other computers on the network to show up. I don't know if that does the trick, but for some reason, I'm paranoid that it does the trick.

OP
H

hank1

fearlessfreap24 said:
what i have done is put the mounted share in my startup so that it starts up everytime i turn on the iBook.

Still stupid here. What is a "mounted share" and where is it?

How would I put it into my startup?

Thanks for your answers. It gives me some leads.

Hope you can answer my two new stupid questions.

:dummy:

OP
H

hank1

hank1 said:
Still stupid here. What is a "mounted share" and where is it?

How would I put it into my startup?

Thanks for your answers. It gives me some leads.

Hope you can answer my two new stupid questions.

:dummy:

Did a Google search and came up with this answer. It's easy. Scroll down to the steps in the solution. Here

:mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.