After upgrade to Snow Leopard window minimization still acting like Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Aluminium MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM, OS X 10.6.2
Hi all,

My MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo has been running Snow Leopard OS X Version 10.6.2 for some months now and I have never had any problems with it.

I recently created multiple users on the laptop:
One Administrator account & two Standard User accounts.

Here is the problem:

On one of the user accounts any type of window minimization minimizes to right side of the dock (like in Leopard) as opposed to behind the associated dock icon (like in Snow Leopard).

Why???? The admin acct and other user acct behave correctly and minimize behind the associated dock icon.

Any ideas anyone??? & thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
That behavior is a preference. Just open System Preferences, click Dock, and then check Minimize windows into application icon. You can also open Dock preferences by right- or control-clicking on the Dock's separator and selecting Dock Preferences….

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Aluminium MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM, OS X 10.6.2
Wouldn't of thought of it being a preference as when I upgraded that action was set-up as default thus I assumed new accounts would be the same.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.