MacBook Pro + wireless keyboard + external monitor ... can I turn MBP monitor off?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have my MBP 15" hooked up to my TV and use a bluetooth, Logitech diNovo Edge keyboard. Is there any way to turn off the monitor on my computer? It stays on while connected to the external monitor.

Thanks,
Doug
Charlotte, NC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Close the lid. Then when it goes to sleep, you can wake it from sleep with the mouse. It must remain plugged in at all times through mag safe to run a monitor with the lid closed.

Reaction score
dont mean to bump and old thread but...

Close the lid. Then when it goes to sleep, you can wake it from sleep with the mouse. It must remain plugged in at all times through mag safe to run a monitor with the lid closed.

this is the exact same question I have plus one more thing...

I am looking at getting this keyboard and from what I understand the "trackpad" is just like the one on a mac...

You said wake it with the mouse, it must be plugged in. If the mousepad is on the keyboard do we need to have an external mouse plugged in for the heck of it as well?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.4C2D/4GB/250GB
space bar should wake it as well. no need for a separate mouse.

Reaction score
aachen students

That is what I assumed but I dont want to spend the money and have to get another part...Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.4C2D/4GB/250GB
you can also dim the screen till it turns off. no need to shut it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.