Problems with upgrade

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my OS to the new Version 10.5.8 and my MB is turning on and off as soon as it starts up. (Upon startup it will turn off/turn on and 5 seconds or so it will repeat). Only after about 10 min (after the computer has warmed up), will my system be fine again....Any ideas?

I read up on another user that was having the same problem, and the thread mentioned to start the system again from the system install DVD...except I was not able to CD that came with the computer....Please help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
How did you upgrade to 10.5.8?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
ok... since you don't have the install discs, the solutions that I have in mind may be tricky.
I think the first step then, since you mention that after the system has warmed up, you are able to keep it running, is to repair disk permissions (applications>utilities>disk utility), and then go to this link Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Update and install this update, and post back with the results.

OP
A
Reaction score
ok. i will run it all tonight and through the day tomorrow. ill make sure to post the results. thanks!

OP
A
Reaction score
so far nothing has changed..i am still running into the same problem. i am planning on going to the apple store today to see if they can give me a diagnosis. i will post the solution soon..in any case, thanks for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.