Keyboard

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a new external keyboard and I wanted to know how I could set the keys on the keyboard to change the volume on my mac and set another as an eject button. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
So little info means it is hard to advise. What Mac What OS What Keyboard - crystal ball is cloudy

OP
L
Reaction score
Sorry, Mac OSX 10.6, and my brand new Das Keyboard, I just want to assign some keys to do other things like change the system volume and eject discs.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Or tried any of the Utilities linked to by the Daskeyboard site?

Reaction score
DasKeyboard DoubleCommand and Keyboard Customization

I recently purchased a DasKeyboard to replace a tired Apple keyboard. The keyboard itself is pretty awesome. Has the right kind of feel and I find that my typing is more accurate and faster.

My issue has been with remapping the keys so they work seamlessly with my Mac. I've been using DoubleCommand and find that it does a poor job and requires multiple boots - has anyone else had this issue?

On the DasKeyboard site they recommend FunctionFlip (which is great if you use function keys), DoubleCommand and ControllerMate (which I haven't tried).

Does anyone have experience with setting up a non-Apple keyboard? I've spent some time searching but haven't found an answer I'm happy with.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance.

24" iMac/2.16gHz/10.5.8

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.