Networking With a PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
Ok, I am using a Microsoft MN-700 router for my home network. Now, my problem is that even though I can access folders from my PC, my PC can't see my Mac. What's going on? Another problem I have is concerning another router. I have another router (Linksys) that is connected to the main one (the Microsoft one); but I can't access the computers connected to it. Is sharing on it even possible? Thanks! :biohazard

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, but where can I change my workgroup on my Mac?

EDIT: I found where I change my workgroup, but what is "WINS Server"?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, but nothing seems to fix my problem. I have activated the Windows sharing thing, changed my workgroup, but I still have my problem. I can access my PC's shared files, but my PC can't access my Mac. Any other ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
make sure that file sharing is turned on the mac. turn off all the computers. turn on the mac first. then turn on the pc. mount the pc share file on the mac. then in windows in explorer navigate to the mac. it took me a couple of times to get it to come up but that is how i did it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
BurntSmore said:
Thanks, but nothing seems to fix my problem. I have activated the Windows sharing thing, changed my workgroup, but I still have my problem. I can access my PC's shared files, but my PC can't access my Mac. Any other ideas?

How are you accessing the Mac from PC? \\ipaddress\username should be the path you'll use from Start > Run. ie: \\10.0.1.10\john
You'll be prompted for Username/Password. If it comes up with Path not Found then you may need to make sure the firewall is not turned on, if it is allow Windows Sharing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.