Windows 7 dual boot worth it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13.3 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz, 2gig ram, 500gig HD -- Iphone 3g 8gig
I just recently upgraded my macbook's 80gig HD to a seagate 7200 500gig HD. and was thinking about running a dual boot of windows. But then i got to thinking, is it even worth it? I have been reading all these forums and how people are just having so much trouble getting windows 7 to work the way it should on their macs. I have a desktop running windows 7 and i was thinking about dual booting and getting rid of that desktop. But is it really worth the hassle? or should i just stick with my recent update to snow leopard?:|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Can you afford to keep the desktop??
Are you mobile with the MacBook and if so do you use Windows on the move?

If it was me i would keep my Mac Apple and have my desktop too Im just happy i have no need for windows anymore and if I game its all too easy on my Mac.
IMO not worth the hassle if you already have a Windows box set up.

I suppose these are the sort of questions you need to ask yourself :)

Cheers

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea. im reading all these posts about how people love windows 7. honestly though. its the same thing but faster. and looks different. oh well. no big deal. windows is always going to be the same. I switched to mac to use something different for a change. And being a Windows user my whole life, Im glad i switched to mac. Everything runs smoothly, never had my mac freeze up on me like windows does. windows isnt really everything people make it out to be. all i need to do is find a plugin or something to get wmv files to work on here.

bottom line... I can do everything on my mac that i can do on my PC but faster on my mac. I hear people saying i get more paper work done with windows 7. my question is... how? does windows 7 make you type faster? doubtful. especially because osx has programs like microsoft word on it. so i dont get how it makes it faster?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Mate couldnt have said it better myself ;P
And really if it was only for you too run .wmv media such a waste.. But to cover that problem download VLC and you can watch or listen too just about any media or audio file known to man..
Enjoy

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha thanks man.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Unless you do gaming on Windows, consider just installing it in a Virtual Machine on your Mac, using Parallels, Fusion or Virtual Box (the latter is free). You can then run Windows apps while in Snow Leopard without rebooting, copy/paste, etc. Unless you need native hardware access to your graphics adapter, a virtual machine may suit you just fine and is much easier to manage, IMO. I need certain Windows apps for work and run Win7 (and XP and Ubuntu) in VMs on my blackbook with only 2 GB of RAM, and they all work great. I like Win7 actually, and the virtual machines don't present any of the compatibility issues noted from the BC installs. Just a thought.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I'm running Windows7, Fedora12, openSUSE11.1 and Kubuntu 9.10 VM's (one at a time) on my MacBook Air 1.86Ghz/2GB RAM with no issues. Virtual Box is an excellent virtualization product and makes switching around between OS's for work or play very easy. It's free, so why not try it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.