Improving AirPort Strength

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
Is there something I can do to my DSL modem to make it more recognizable for my AirPort? It's connected at full bars, but it hangs on loading pages and happens often.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
The menuBar indicator is showing signal strength not necessarily a connection;

Click for full size

your pages will probably load more quickly if you have the DNS numbers for your ISP - Primary and Secondary per pic. If they are not there then add them manually;
Ghosted address in Pic is router address.

Click for full size

See here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
your pages will probably load more quickly if you have the DNS numbers for your ISP - Primary and Secondary per pic. If they are not there then add them manually;

Ghosted address in Pic is router address.

Can you let me know a bit more about this. How do I get the DNS numbers, is there a specific DNS number to me or are they generic from every ISP? I can't really be bothered phoning my ISP for them.

Also, if I take my laptop to uni and connect to their network will manually entering the DNS numbers mess things up there?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I found 3 DNS servers:

Now what do I do with them?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
In my experience with Laptop i found things work more smoothly with a Location set for the places i use most often and then that leaves Automatic for coffee shops etc. see here;

Click for full size

go into Network Preferences/Edit Locations and make sure primary and secondary DNS show for the ISP at that location - if not add then to the settings with Airport selected in left pane of Network settings for that location

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.