What ftp client do you use?

E

EvoMac

As the title suggest, what ftp clients does every one here use / recomend for OS X. Really looking for something free / open source if possible. However I would like to know what everyone uses regardless.

Thanks in advance.

OP
M

meltbanana314

Cyberduck (http://cyberduck.ch/) Free, open source, and it's never let me down.

Next time you need to find an app, check MacUpdate or VersionTracker. If they don't have what you're looking for, it probably doesn't exist.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I first used Fetch for years and years, but now I use Transmit. Fetch is supposed to have another version out soon, so at that time Ill probably take a look at them again. I have heard cyberduck is pretty good and free :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
I have tried cyberduck and panic. Panic is WAY better. Well worth the money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
I use Interarchy and love it. It is a bit complicated but it does have more features than pretty much everything else out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I throw my vote in behind Transmit as well. It's great app and Panic is a great Mac development company.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I love Transmit also. VERY good FTP client! I know it's not free but it works great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Trasmit is really nice... especially with Tiger... they have a really cool file drop widget.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I was using CuteFTP Mac (by GlobalScape) until I tried a demo of Transit just for fun a couple weeks ago. I was blown away, the preview feature is cool, and the drag n drop and don't worry feature is awesome.

IOW, I guess this is just another vote for Transmit.

OP
E

EvoMac

Just an update on this, I decided to go with the masses and give Transmit a try. They have a 15 day free trial which I am still on. However I really like the quality of this program and will most likely end up purchasing it.

Just a question could you elaborate on the widget that was mentioned above for Tiger? Is it pretty stable or is it just a new work in progress?

OP
G

gtee

Transmit

I use Transmit - a fantastic FTP client.
I've tried most of the others but it provides me with the most features.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I used to use CyberDuck, but I got tired of all the bloody updates they'd throw at you, and I got tired of how slow it was. I switched to Transmit, and I'm never going back..

Sounds like a PC->Mac Story...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.