Gmail(iphone) and Roadrunner(macbook) email issues

Reaction score
I have an iphone and am having some email issues. My goal is to be able to access my email on my iphone but still leave a copy on the server so when I get back home I can still have a copy on my macbook.

Here's my setup: Macbook is setup for roadrunner address. Roadrunner email is forwarded to gmail account with option of forward and keep a copy on the server. Iphone account is setup for gmail address.

If I check my mail on my macbook first a copy is sent to my iphone. But if I check my Iphone first, I still get all my messages but when I get back home the mail isn't there.

I've called roadrunner and they don't have a clue.

I've searched the forums and haven't been able to fix this.

Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Weird. Is the Gmail set up as an IMAP on the iPhone?

Try setting up the RoadRunner as an IMAP on the iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Why are you forwarding? Why can't you simply setup both e-mails on the iPhone and desktop? To do what you want you really just need them both set as POP vice IMAP.

Is the phone set to delete mail from the server when its received?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.