Takes 10 min to connect to my wireless network. agh

Reaction score
When I first got my new MBP13 about a week ago, it connected almost instantly to my wireless network but now for some reason it takes me like 10-30 min to be able to connect. The airport is on with full strength but when I try to open safari, it says I'm not connected.

Does anyone know why this is happening? It's just annoying how the airport is on with full strength but then not letting me get online. The router is a Netgear WNR2000. But idk if it's the airport or my MBP...

This is my first macbook and first time using a wireless connection so maybe I'm doing something wrong. Help anyone??

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
First thing you need to know is if its the MBP or your router that's causing this problem. To do that, simply observe how quickly your MBP connects to other routers and access points. A MBP airport should connect very quickly and without any hassles to any available open network. You must have a few open access point around your area, coffee shops, libraries, etc. Check it out and let us know.

OP
Eddie513
Reaction score
Ok, I think the router works well. I have a wii in one of the rooms and it's able to connect. The problem is that everytime I put my mbp to sleep or I shut it off, I can't reconnect once I turn it back on. The airport is on at full strength but it says "airport does not have an ip adress and cannot connect to the internet"

Does anyone know how to fix this???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.