Question about mail

Reaction score
I have mail configured to "open at login".

Is there a way to make it so that it doesnt open in a window when I boot up?

I just want it to turn itself on and stay in the dock.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Try this, in the System Preferences Application go to Users>Your Account>Login Items
Find Mail and click the checkbox under the hide column. Now when mail starts at login it will be hidden. To see it just click the icon in the dock or command+tab to its icon.
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but its worth a try.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yep! Perfectamundo!

It actually ended up being System Preferences->Accounts->System->Login Items but close enough :D

I have some more playing around to do now in Photobooth :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I have some more playing around to do now in Photobooth :D

Regarding Photobooth, did you know that using the Shift key suppresses the flash, the Option key suppresses the timer, and that you can use them in combination?

OP
D
Reaction score
Regarding Photobooth, did you know that using the Shift key suppresses the flash, the Option key suppresses the timer, and that you can use them in combination?

Cool, Thanks! What I'm working on right now is trying to figure out how to use the "background" features so that if I'm standing in front of the beach it doesnt have that weird "artifact" stuff in the photo.

From what I've read, it looks like I would have to change my room into a hollywood movie studio to get the lighting (contrast) and background right :eek:

Once I figure it out I can import a bunch of backgrounds and go on vacations all over the world without ever leaving my house :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.