Mail Problem with GMail, not Tiger

S

Steel02001

First off I am not using tiger yet.

I have tried numerous times to get mail to work. I set it up exactly like Gmail says to. Exactly like it tells me too. However I can send mail but not recieve it.

Any ideas.

OP
D

Desolate One

You may want to check the settings again, just to be sure. I've set them up exactly as per the instructions on the GMail site and have had no problems... Well every now and then it wont connect, but the problem rectifies itself after a few minutes. There's another thread somewhere here documenting the issue.

http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13275

OP
S

Steel02001

Anyone else?

It always says it has problems with the pop server, however I have double checked and triple checked i for inconsistencies.

Thanks so far.

OP
G

gabe90

Funny, I have the exact opposite problem. I've checked it over many times and done everything perfecty. I can get all my mail in my gmail account up and running, but I can't send anything.

Maybe we should compare notes.

OP
S

Steel02001

Good plan, I set up entourage and it works fine, its just mail. And **** it I want to use mail!

Between this problem and my broken preview proble (it opens then stops responding) should I just reinstall?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
perhaps, because I had zero issues with mail and gmail

OP
Z

zero17

Icicle said:
perhaps, because I had zero issues with mail and gmail

did you allow pop3 on your gmail account, go to setting -> forwarding and pop [tab]. you'll see configuration about pop3 over there

OP
S

Steel02001

Yes, I allowed pop and saved changes.

Any other ideas guys, I will try anything (except that you sicko)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.