iPod touch question

F

fade

Since christmas is coming I asked my father if I could borrow his touch for a few days as a test run before I decide if I want one. My question is: if I sync it with my computer will he be able to resync without losing his stuff?
I understand that if I sync with my computer it will erase it. I just want to make sure it will reinstall his stuff when I give it back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini late 09 version
Thats what will happen unless you turn off auto sync in the iTunes preferences 1st.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Since christmas is coming I asked my father if I could borrow his touch for a few days as a test run before I decide if I want one. My question is: if I sync it with my computer will he be able to resync without losing his stuff?

If you're borrowing your father's iPod Touch for a "test run"...why do you need to snyc it?

Syncing it isn't really going to help you decide whether you want one for yourself...using the Touch (navigating, screen size, speed, using apps, typing, etc.) are the things that will help you decide if you want one.

Just trying to help,

- Nick

OP
F

fade

If you're borrowing your father's iPod Touch for a "test run"...why do you need to snyc it?

Syncing it isn't really going to help you decide whether you want one for yourself...using the Touch (navigating, screen size, speed, using apps, typing, etc.) are the things that will help you decide if you want one.

Just trying to help,

- Nick

Actually, there are a bunch of features I wont get to play with, like email and iCal syncing.. My father does not use a mac so I cant play thru his computer the way I'd like to. Since it's not mine, I don't want to do anything that will mess up his touch.

I just want to know if I sync it with my computer, will he be able to resync it with his when I'm done without loosing his apps and music. He doesn't have anything else on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.