• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Which mobile should I buy? plz I need ur advice?

Reaction score
in the last three or four month I bought iphone 3gs and at the same day I gave it to my bro cuz I didn't like it
.Now I want to buy new mobile ppl keep saying that the mobile that I have now ( htc touch dual ) for business man not for 19 year old girl . I got the htc as gift from my mother when I graduate form hugh school . I don't know which mobile should I buy .Should I buy the iphone again and give it a chance to try it or should I buy htc touch HD 2 ,my friend told me the htc mobile is not Suitable for me cuz it look like a mobile without color and it look like for for business man
I don't want nokia or Samsung or LG , motorola or sonyericsson
I just don't know which mobile to buy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
Well, don't listen to anyone who says not to buy a phone because it's for "business men"; if you like it and it works for what you want to do, being a "business" phone doesn't make a difference.

To be honest, you just need to head down to Best Buy and a bunch of other network stores just to have a play with some of the devices, ask for a demonstration on something you quite like the look of.

If you are happy with the Touch Dual, keep it; like I said, it has business features, but that doesn't mean it's not suitable to anyone who doesn't use it purely for business.

The HTC HD2 is a nice device, it has a great display,but it is huge, and unless you're a real technophile I doubt you'll like Windows Mobile.

I wouldn't say buy another iPhone 3GS, but I would suggest just using your bro's 3GS for a few hours or so, maybe borrow it for a day to use as a phone and see how much you like it.

It may also help to check out the Motorola DROID (on Verizon), the HTC Hero (on Sprint), the Palm Pre (on Sprint) and the BlackBerry Tour 9630 (on multiple networks). The DROID and the Hero run on Google's Android OS, which is quite nice and allows for a very nice, customisable interface. However, I recently sold my Hero to get an iPhone 3G because I didn't see Android as being very successful anytime soon; there's a huge lack of development. But if you don't mind a lack of third party applications and not-very-frequent updates, you may like it. The Palm Pre runs on Palm's new webOS, which has a very nice interface, easy and visually pleasing to use, and the slide-out QWERTY keyboard allows for quicker typing that a touchscreen keyboard IMO (the DROID also has a slide-out QWERTY keyboard). The Tour runs on Blackberry's OS, it's very easy to use, the device itself is nice to hold, has some nice features, and with the BlackBerry App World now there are a lot of useful third-party apps available for it.

Like I said though, go down to a few different stores and have a try of all their devices and see which ones you like the most.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.