Ms office 2008 apps won't launch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5", iPhone 4
Each time I try opening either Excel, Word or Powerpoint I get a "Microsoft Error Reporting" box saying "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I only installed it the other week. I've tried deleting the product key and re entering it, also done and uninstall and the reinstalled it. Also tried fixing disk permissions.

Any ideas? (Using MS Office for Mac 2008, iMac with latest OS and it's definitely not an illegal product key BTW - I know this because I bought it).

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5", iPhone 4
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that in a min. However, just discovered that it works fine on my wifes login. Any suggestions?

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5", iPhone 4
Just tried the Rosetta - no option to open with rosetta in the info for any of the MS Office Apps in finder?

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5", iPhone 4
Here's the first bit of the info that it wants to send to MS:

Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0

Error Signature:
Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS
Date/Time: 2009-12-08 23:51:44 +0000
Application Name: Microsoft Excel
Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Excel
Application Signature: XCEL
Application Version: 12.2.0.090605
Crashed Module Name: MicrosoftOLE
Crashed Module Version: unknown
Crashed Module Offset: 0x000076a6
Blame Module Name: MicrosoftOLE
Blame Module Version: unknown
Blame Module Offset: 0x000076a6
Application LCID: 1033
Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0409

I'm guessing it's to do with my user area disk permissions. I'm a total mac noob BTW. So really haven't a clue what I'm talking about (I was a Windoze buff until recently!)

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5", iPhone 4
Guys, decided to set up a new user and manually start over! It's a bummer but what else can I do. I gues it doesn't "just work". Ah well, I won't tell anyone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.