WarCraft III work slowly

M

Mac-Mi

When i play Warcraft III in my Mac mini it's hanging every few seconds, any thing work with 3D, the dock do the same thing Can any body help me please.

OP
D

dstyrk

You probably need 64Meg video card.. The mini only comes with 32. You could try to tone down all the settings. Like quality from highest down to normal or something.

OP
M

Mac-Mi

I do that set the game to the lowest settings and the game just need 16MG VGA card

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Well, for me, I have a 800mhz iMac and it runs fine with 32 Nvidia.. what I usually do is lower all the settings so that it runs even faster, because it is a game of speed and timing.

You will need to give more information if you want more help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
it works fine on my ibook with the 32mb vid card. how much ram are you running?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
This happens to me, but I found out what the problem was for me at least. The problem is the mail checker in the background. So you'll want to quit out of every app in the dock and in the menu bar. Quit out of anything that calls out to the Internet, even Konfabulator if you have it.

OP
U

userannon

same problem...

I am running the Powerbook G4, 756megs ram, 64meg nVidia 5200go card.

Running OS X 10.3.9... I had the same problem. The game would start and look really good. When in game play every few seconds the gameplay would pause and then continue.

I have since upgraded to Tiger but I have not installed Warcraft III. Is it the mail checker that is the problem? I have to try that.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Max

OP
D

dstyrk

Well... It sound's like something is slowing you down. Try this. Log out. Log in, but this time holding shift. Try running your game now.

OP
U

userannon

I held down shift when booting... booted into safe boot. Open GL doesn't work under safe boot.

I am starting to think that it is the speed of the harddrive, 4200rpm. I am running a clean install of tiger with 80% harddrive space free.

OP
D

dstyrk

userannon said:
I held down shift when booting... booted into safe boot. Open GL doesn't work under safe boot.

I am starting to think that it is the speed of the harddrive, 4200rpm. I am running a clean install of tiger with 80% harddrive space free.

Can't the GL be launched after logging in?

I can't see the HD speed being the problem with other people being able to do the same things on similar machines.. What about this Virex problem I've read about on a few threads here.. Do you have Virex installed? I guess that's causing Tiger to run hot, and running pretty hard in the background..

OP
U

userannon

Virex is not installed or any other programs that run in the background.

I just ran 3 runs of memtest and found no errors with the memory. I am pretty confused.

With Activity monitor the only programs i don't know are:
aped
pbs
systemUIServer
loginwindow
mdimport

Nearly everything else can be closed.

Thanks for the suggestions dstyrk

OP
D

dstyrk

Well I'm at a loss.. I just looked through my Activity Monitor just to see if I had the same ones up and going... I don't have "aped" or "mdimport" but the others are there..

Can anyone tell us how to launch Open GL from safe mode?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.