Distorted Dock on iBook G4

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I'm having a problems with my Dock. When there are more than 3 or so apps open, my dock looks distorted. :Confused: I am running 10.5.8 on a 12" iBook G4. Can someone please help?

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
the thumbnail doesn't really show the distortion, but I'm sure it's there if that's what you are seeing.
Have you installed any dock altering software by any chance?
Otherwise, is it while running any particular software, like ram intensive programs, or is it random?
If you open up console while this is happening, is there anything unusual happening there?
I would run disk permissions repair, also, from your original install discs that came with your ibook, running a hardware test.
It may be graphics or ram related!
May also be a driver issue, which reinstalling 10.5.8 may resolve, but I would run the Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Update as it tackles resolution issues in this update.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Here are some pictures of the problems. I might be going nuts, as no one else can't see it either. :Smirk: It is random when it happens. It can be one app and a couple of windows in the dock.:Confused:No, i haven't installed anything to alter the dock. Console doesn't show anything odd. I will try the install disc after I find it, although everything else works fine.

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
All I can see is the finder and open application (safari) blue reflection dots which are normal.

OP
B
Reaction score
I fixed what I saw by deleting the com.apple.dock.plist file and emptying the trash. Then, I went into Terminal and typed "killall Dock" without the quotes. Thanks for helping!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.