Full screen on dual monitors.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Currently running dual monitors. I have an Imac and am using an LCD TV as my second monitor. My issue is, that i want to be able to watch movies in full screen on one monitor, whilst being able to browse the net on my other. At the moment i can view in full screen, but as soon as i click anywhere it goes back to the size it was originally.

If anybody can help, i'd be really greatful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac OS X 10.4.11 1.25GB RAM 40GB original hard drive,
What application are you using to watch the movies? My suggestion would be to use Quicktime, then drag the quicktime screen to be as large as you want it on one of the monitors. That way you're not entering into a separate full screen mode like you would be with itunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Is it a DVD or a file from your hard drive?

Reaction score
I just minimize the programs window. Most of the time it's quicktime then I just drag the window onto the other monitor.
It's pretty simple. Then you can adjust the windows on the external LCD.

Reaction score
This was a problem for me as well. I wanted to watch iTunes movies on my tv, while browsing simultaneously on my iMac. There is a solution out there which involves running a script through iTunes, but says you have to use Quicktime 7. I have Quicktime X, which currently doesn't have a Preferences utility. :(
However, I created a "Scripts" folder in my iTunes library and pasted the script downloadable on this website:

Workaround: iTunes Video and Dual Screens

I simply go to my iTunes movie tab, click on the movie I want to play, press (command+T), and I can drag the Quicktime X window over to my LCD tv, and press fullscreen, TADA!

Hope this helps you and others

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That's a great find smartin.

Appreciate it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.