cmd x,c and v no longer works

Reaction score
cmd x,c and v all seem to of stopped working! cmd T to open a new tab in browsers still works. but the others dont and its really annoying

I have no idea why. I think it was after i spilt a little bit of water on my keyboard and whilst wiping it off i hit all the keys. Not sure though.

relatively new to macs only had this macbook for like a month!

Macbook with mac os x 10.6.1

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Seeing that you have spilt water into your keyboard, before going through any trouble shooting, your first step would be to get hold of another keyboard to test it.

Reaction score
In the future I strongly suggest you don't drink near your MacBook :p. I have countless times spilt juice / tea over past laptops I have owned over the years and with my MacBook I'm not taking any chances.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
With the malfunctioning keyboard, there are one or two DIY things to try.
1. With the MB turned off completely, tip the machine on to its front edge and blow warm air (eg. hair drier on low setting) into the area of the keys mentioned. Keep the nozzle moving to avoid overheating any one spot. You could even try the warm air technique with the MB tipped upside down.
2. Try vacuuming the affected area, but be careful not to let the suction nozzle come into contact with the keys in case one of them breaks away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.