Windows laptop input on iMac 27"

Reaction score
Hi again. I posted a while ago asking about setting up an iMac on a windows network, my Finacee was going to buy one.

Well, my she's now my wife, and she's finally bought one. She bought one last night, a 27" 3.06ghz iMac.
She said I can have her PC's 22" LG monitor so I can run a dual-screen setup on my own system. SWEET! But there may be a problem... see the question below.

QUESTION:
She currently uses her work laptop at home 3 days a week and it's connected to her LG display so she can be on her Windows desktop and then switch inputs to her work Windows laptop.

Will she be able to hook up her Windows work laptop to the iMac display and do the same thing?

I was looking at the connectors for the iMac, and it has a mini displayport connector, but the laptop is a Toshiba Tecra A10 and has VGA out. I found some VGA to mini displayport, but they all talk about going FROM displayport TO VGA.... Will it work the other way, from the laptop to the iMac screen?

Does the iMac screen even have a 'switch input' button?

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
She currently uses her work laptop at home 3 days a week and it's connected to her LG display so she can be on her Windows desktop and then switch inputs to her work Windows laptop.

Will she be able to hook up her Windows work laptop to the iMac display and do the same thing?
No. The iMac only has the ability to add an additional monitor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.