How do you organize your private & business life on your computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC OS X - 10.5.8, 2,13GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo, FF
Hi,

I just love my MAC; I am a newbie mac user.

Having had great positive experience so far and discovering every day some new features with my mac most often. I am for sometime now, trying to find out how to organize my MAC laptop in an optimal way.

I am using several laptops, one of it being the MAC laptop.

On my Mac, I am trying to initiate two sections; one for private and one for biz! What matters for me the most is, anything I do on it or buy must be userfriendly, functional, support everything else what I have so far and feature rich and very importantly must be secure, incl. if it gets stole. I am often overseas, and outside which has to be considered as well!

I am interested in the addons, apllications, support gadgets i.e. ipod/smart phone etc that you are using and why you are using them. How did you separate all your media private/biz; catalogues/clips/videos/pics/documents/files/folders etc.

In addition, if you have a Mac desktop, how did you again separate your private and biz life? Maybe, compared to your mac laptop and how did you try to integrate them?

Anyone, in a similar situation?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Just make it easy and set up another account.

One for you and your private life and the other as your business account.
Its so easy to switch between the two if need be ... :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alum. Mac book 13", MacBook Pro 15"
Just as a side note, if you need to database info BENTO is a cool program. I use it to keep all my personal items inventoried and plan on setting a separate database for work. I would also use to user accounts or better yet maybe you need a second MacBook Pro :)

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC OS X - 10.5.8, 2,13GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo, FF
Hi, tattooedmac/code54,

thank you for your thoughts.
Hi,

Thank you for both your replies.

Have you used google documents, mint or even paytrust or similar stuff related to the same functions?

If you did I would like to know, your own user experiences compared to bento! I am aware of bento, but still seeking something that is maybe more userfriendly, maybe something secure. Maybe so0mething at the same time, that could be accessed online from anywhere or even limited by user time/user IP!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.