15" MacBook Pro Battery Replacement

Reaction score
I'm looking for a replacement battery for my 15" MacBook Pro, the pre-unibody model. Has anyone tried the FastMac high capacity battery? It advertises about 60% more life than the factory apple battery for cheaper. Or would it be better to stick with the factory battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
From what I've heard, the boost in power it boasts is countered by its overall shelf live. So while you may or may not have your MacBook Pro last longer on a single charge, you may also experience the battery reaching its end life a lot faster.

I can't say though, because I haven't used one. Just something I heard. Which of course, could be bunk. People always love to knock third party products which may put original manufacturer parts to shame. So YMMV.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.