Bootcamp OS selection... help!

Reaction score
Ok, so I used iDefrag to move my files so I could install Windows 7 Ultimate using bootcamp, which I did. It installed properly and when I start OS X I see the Windows 7 Partition on my desktop called "Untitled". If I go into startup disk in settings I can select to boot into Windows 7, but I want to be able to do that at the startup of my computer. I recall seeing a selection screen before where you can choose when booting up, what did I do wrong and how can I fix it? Also, how can I change the name of that disk from untitled, it's read-only in OS X.

OP
I
Reaction score
Great, now I'm having another problem. I selected it to boot to Windows, and now I don't know how to get it to boot into OS X, it just defaults to Windows on restart or boot, help!!!!!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It really helps if you read the documentation before installing Boot Camp. All of this is explained in detail.

OP
I
Reaction score
That worked thanks. Now, is it possible to change the name of that disk from Untitled? Also, I'm having no audio with Windows 7, where can I get drivers or how can I fix that? I have a White Macbook.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That worked thanks. Now, is it possible to change the name of that disk from Untitled? Also, I'm having no audio with Windows 7, where can I get drivers or how can I fix that? I have a White Macbook.

Change it from within Windows. Mac OS X doesn't have write access to NTFS partitions without third party software.

You need to install the drivers from your OS X System disc. When finished, make sure you get the latest updates to Boot Camp from the Apple Update software within Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.