New Imac - how to find my jpg files

Reaction score
hello... just got my first mac last week... i was able to import all my photos from my pc to iphoto... now how can i see the individial .jpg files... i cant find it in finder under pictures... i can only see 1 big file iphoto library..

in pc its easy because its file by file basis

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
top right corner there is a magnifying glass

click it and type .jpg

every .jpg file will show up

If you want to look at them in a finder style select show all in folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
If you imported them into iPhoto, they're in the iPhoto Library, and the files are not directly accessible.

If you wanted the individual files, you should not have imported them into iPhoto. You can, at any time, drag them out of iPhoto to save a copy outside of the iPhoto Library.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Where did you import the photos from ? A card reader ? Straight from a camera ? I keep all my photos on an external drive. But there have been times when it wasn't handy. During those times I had an set import folder in that pictures folder within Finder.

I would then use the app "Image Capture" to import my RAW photos to that folder for inspection, before using my external drive with Lightroom. iPhoto its self will not copy the individual files to your hard drive as far as I know. Just one of the reasons I never liked it. But that's just me.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.