Remote Access?

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have an issue, I have some programs that are only available for windows platform on my desktop computer. I can't for the life of me find my windows cd to install into parallels or something of that type to run them.

So I am attempting a quick fix to connect my macbook pro to my desktop (win xp home ed.)

I downloaded microsofts remote connection tool for macs (v 2.0.1).

I opened the firewall on my desktop to allow remote access, I also switched the remote access in system props to checked on.

Now I type in the IP to the desktop, followed by my username and password and it says....

You were disconnected from the Windows-based computer because of network problems.

Verify that your network and Internet connections are working, and then try reconnecting to the Windows-based computer.

Now I know both systems are online and they are both even on the same network... I am at a loss.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
Wrong section, but anyway, try using the computer name instead.

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry,

No luck with that, type in the name it says it can not be found.

I also noticed when I did an ipconfig the address listed was different from when I went to an online site on that machine to look up the ip. Significantly different IP's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.53GHz; 4GB RAM; GeForce 9400M
If you're on a router with DHCP enabled, that's what will happen.

If that's the case try this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.