looking at buyin mbp 13inch

Reaction score
looking at buyin mbp 13inch help needed

hello all

im a complete novice with any thing apple as never owned one or know any one with one, i am in the uk and there isnt a store within 120 miles that i can find to go test one either, so a few questions if any one can help with the answers....

my current laptop is a fujutsu amilo 1520si running dual core processor @1.66
and 2gig ram and is only 13 inch, so i am looking at buying a new computer and love the look of the macbook pro 13inch in aluminium and the macbook in white now if buying a new laptop i want it to be faster than current one and was hoping to get some advice on how good they are and quick they run and if the change from windows to apple os is easy transfer bearing in mind i know nothing about them...

the macbook pro is the 2.53 dual core processor with 4gig ram and 250 h/d
and the macbook white is 2.26 dual core with 2gig ram and 160 gig h/d or is there something better that is 13inches with better specs to buy?

thanks james

Reaction score
well first off... MacBook Pro 13 inch is the one I just bought and I LOVE IT. This is the third Apple I own. Previous was a PowerBook 12 inch. That was my first. Like you, I did the switch and now, i cannot ever buy a PC. Though I own Sony Vaio only for games lol

between the two, I'd go with the MBP. The specs you say, the better one of the two MBP 13 is the one I own and you can't go wrong with it.

Between the two, MBP and white Mac is though seems marginal, is actually quiet big. Considering if you at a future date want to upgrade the RAM, the unibody (MBP) can be upgraded to 8 GB rather than 4 GB for the white. Also, the MBP has firewire whereas the white doesn't. which comes in handy if you have a stationary external, I've noticed a faster file transfer with the firewire. In addition, MBP has a SD card slot whereas the white doesn't. other than that, those 2 are similar with exception that MPB is .2 pounds lighter. which may make a difference? lol

good luck with your choice. But just know that switching is really easier, may be a bit frustrating at first because of the difference between the mac and pc but once you get used to it, you won't want to go back! lol

hope it helped a bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
If you love the look of the MBP 13 inch, and you want a computer with OSX then get it.

Not to mention the benefits
Backlit keyboard (lights up the keyboard, especially useful at night when you can not see the keys well)

Firewire (Think of it like a faster USB)

SD Card Slot (The most common storage on a digital camera. You can plug the card directly into the laptop instead of using a lot of cords.)

And of course, the beautiful look of the MBP which is absolutely stunning in my opinion.

Check out this link to learn more about the operating system and the computer itself.

Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics

The Macbook Pro will be way faster than your current laptop, transferring your old data should be very easy too.

There is not really a better 13 inch laptop on the market in my opinion.

But I have to tell you, there may be a refresh of the MBP lineup including a CPU upgrade, but no one knows for sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.