Learning Xcode...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac OS X 10.4.11 1.25GB RAM 40GB original hard drive,
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good source to learn Xcode - such as a website or podcast series?

I am currently running Tiger, so I am not able to use the latest Xcode 3.0, and instead am using 2.5. I figure the basics of Xcode can't be that different between the two versions. However, instructions on how to use Xcode 2.5 specifically would be ideal.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Actually, Xcode is just the application for writing and compiling the code.
You make your application with programming languages like cocoa, ruby, applescript, java, realbasic, etc. Cocoa is the language that most mac applications are built on.
Googling Cocoa Tuturials brings up some good tutorials to get started.
This site is a good start, explaining the xcode interface in one of their tuturials.
O'Reilly Books
also have some books to learn how to use different languages. Then google if you need help, maybe someone else had the same question and hopefully got it answered.
I can recommend the O'Reilly books, they are amazing at helping you "get it"

Hope that helps some…
I am more into photography, so I'm not an expert on this.

Reaction score
You can literally learn Cocao, Xcode, Objective-C and all the other technologies you would need for writing apps for the Mac and the iPhone/iTouch using Apple's documentation alone: Apple Developer Connection - Mac Dev Center

If you want a book for Objective C, I'm using Programming in Objective-C 2.0, but this is NOT a book about using the Xcode environment (although the author does use it), it is a book about Objective-C

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac OS X 10.4.11 1.25GB RAM 40GB original hard drive,
Thanks all,
those look like some good sources to get started.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.