MacBook Pro and DVDs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5Gz
I have mu MBP for a year now without any major issues but lately it wont accept DVD's just CD's ???. It's spinning DVD fore couple of seconds and then just spit it out? :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
So I'm assuming that the drive WAS working with DVD's, previously ? Are these burned DVD's or retail ? Are they clean or scratched ? More details please.

If it used to work, but no longer does, and with the same DVD's which always used to work, it might be time to bring it in to an Apple store. Do you have Apple care ?

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac OS X 10.4.11 1.25GB RAM 40GB original hard drive,
I'm assuming you mean store bought DVDs, so try checking this:

Apple Menu>system preferences>CDs and DVDs> then make sure that the 'When you insert a video DVD' option is set to 'open DVD player' (or whatever other DVD playing application you have).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4gb, 500gb
Applecare. Have them look at it. Don't mess with it or you'll screw it up. If all else fails and you don't have applecare, pop off the bottom and put in a new drive. No big deal.

OP
iivanyu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5Gz
it will ope and burn CD's but no DVD's (new verbatim) nor original film DVD, wont even those it burnt previously :/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.