Magic Mouse Back/Forward

Reaction score
So yesterday I got myself an iMac 21.5 and I absolutely love it. I was getting accustomed to the magic mouse and even created myself a hand position I would always use to go back and forward in Safari. Today I turn on my computer and the back/forward two finger scrolling won't work anymore! Scrolling the page up and down with one finger still works perfectly. Checked system prefs, 2 finger scrolling is on. Restarted the computer, nothing. Can anyone help? Thanks!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I had that happen just one time. Restarting my iMac fixed it. It's never done it again so far anyway. When it was happening I tried the MM on another system and Back and Forth worked there but not on the iMac till a restart. I will search around and see if I can find anyone else having this issue and get back to you if I find something.

Is this under Safari?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.