Is my RAM compatible?

B

bloodmyst

I have a blueberry ibook with 64MB of RAM preinstalled. I just bought a stick of RAM from Coast to Coast Memory without realizing whether or not it would be compatible first (..yeah yeah I know), but anyway, will a 256 MB SO-DIMM PC133 32x8 Build Stick of generic RAM work? I'm worried about the 32x8 build part, because I've been told it's not fully compatible with all laptops. Can someone tell me if it is compatible with my iBook (and compatible with Jaguar for that matter)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
bloodmyst said:
I have a blueberry ibook with 64MB of RAM preinstalled. I just bought a stick of RAM from Coast to Coast Memory without realizing whether or not it would be compatible first (..yeah yeah I know), but anyway, will a 256 MB SO-DIMM PC133 32x8 Build Stick of generic RAM work? I'm worried about the 32x8 build part, because I've been told it's not fully compatible with all laptops. Can someone tell me if it is compatible with my iBook (and compatible with Jaguar for that matter)?

According to this chart on Apple's site, the 32x8 should be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The 256 MB module can be used only if the iBook Firmware Update has been installed; otherwise, a 128 MB module is the largest capacity

that is one thing that worries me and the fact that on the site they only show 66mhz and 100mhz ram

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
From what I understand about memory, is that it will clock down if put into a slow erslot. So 133MHz RAM should work fine in a 100MHz memory slot. This is how it works in both my iMac AND my iBook. I don't know anything about the 32x8 issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.