What DVI cable do I need

Reaction score
I have a Samsung P2370 monitor that gives a stunning picture. But with my setup, I can only get analog. I'm connected to an old Power PC, Quicksilver, with an ADC video connection. I have a Belkin ADC-DVI converter, but not the correct DVI cable. What DVI cable do I need. I read on another post that I need a DVI-D to DVI-I cable. Can anyone confirm that, or give the the correct DVI cable I need to get a digital picture.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

You need a DVI/ADC converter from Apple, not cheap, which plugs into mains power and carries USB after connection to machine. This is from Apple Australia. US price is $99.00.

http://store.apple.com/au/product/M8661X/B

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D (Penryn) 2.8 GHz 4GB RAM
Since you are going from ADC to DVI you probably have the correct adaptor. From there you should be able to use the "standard" DVI cable that may have come with your Samsung.

The only time you need the expensive unit is if you are going from a DVI output from the computer and trying to use it with an ADC monitor. The reason it's so expensive is that it supplies power for the ADC monitor and also carries USB to the hubs that were included in those monitors.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.