Question regarding Numbers

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm pretty new to numbers, and i have a question regarding client ID

I have a table in numbers, with client ID, and different columns, with address, phone, e-mail, ...

What i want now is to enter in another table just the client ID, and to show in this table, from this client for example only birthdate and phone number.

Does anyone knows a formula to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
I think what you want to know is how to refer to cells in other tables. As an example, you could refer to Cell A5 (in a column with the header "Customer ID") in a table named Table 1 in Sheet 1 by using
Code:
= Sheet 1 :: Table 1 :: Customer ID 5
It's pretty handy; for a more detailed description about it (and every other feature), check out the Numbers '09 User Guide. Specifically, look at the section "Referring to Cells in Formulas" starting on the bottom of page 123.

And if it helps, I've attached a sample Numbers document (compressed to allow attachment) that shows some concepts that you might be able to apply in your spreadsheet. When you type the Client ID in the second table, all applicable fields will show up under it and you can show or hide them with the check boxes. Even if you add columns or rows to the first table or rearrange columns, the bottom table will update automatically. I hope it helps.

View attachment Client ID.zip

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks nabl,

I think this might be the answer to my question.

As soon as i got the upgrade to numbers 09 i'll try it out.

For the moment i still have numbers 08.

Maybe you got an example for numbers 08?

For the moment i'm living in a country where the internet connection is very slow, and it's difficult to download bigger files.

Thank you very much for your answer already.

Nicolas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
Here's the same example saved for Numbers '08. However, a few of the functions and features that I used in the '09 version weren't available in '08, so you'll see quite a few errors, and the auto-updating I referred to won't work. Nonetheless, looking at the formulas might give you an idea of what you need to do, so I hope it helps.

View attachment Client ID - Numbers 08.zip

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.