Powerbook G4 battery issues

Reaction score
I have one of the last generation 12" PowerBook G4's which is on its third (I think) battery now, which is almost completely shot. The computer is still pretty solid but the battery lasts for only like 5 or 10 minutes. I'm getting ready to start back to school in January and I'd like to be able to take the computer to class to take notes and to the library, etc., so this is a problem for me.

So, I guess my question is, should I spend $100 dollars on a new battery or see if I can find a good used MacBook or MPB on eBay? I've heard that buying a new battery for an old computer like this isn't a very good idea since the battery itself would be old since they don't make them anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Have you tried calibrating battery here
and even resetting PMU here in the hope of getting a bit more out of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4gb, 500gb
Get a new one buddy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Apple is still making new batteries for the 12" PowerBook and older machines made up to seven years ago.

Order one directly from Apple; don't order one from a third-party store where it might have been lying on the shelf for three years.

Reaction score
I have a powerbook in which got a new battery relatively recently. I got a new MBP because its a bit crapping out but the new battery bought from the apple store is treating me well... about 4 hours on a fully charged battery.

good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.