G5 won't wake up from sleep

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 8GB RAM
Hello Mac users
I bought a G5 on Thursday and got TIGER on Friday. after installing it I have a problem recurring which I cn't figure out, which has never happened to my old G4 and Panther. The G5 won't wake up from sleep. I have 2 monitors installed. The screensaver doesn't usually start up and despite clicking the mouse many times and using the enter and retrun keys, it deosn't work. Am I doing something wrong or is this possibly a bug? I have had to turn off the G5 from the power button countless times and restart. VERY IRRITATING!

Hard drives are set to sleep when possible, computer to NOT sleep and Screens to sleep after 15 minutes.

thanks for any help!

cheers
Bert in Sweden

Reaction score
The next time it happens to you do what i do whenever my G5 doesn't want to wake up by moving the mouse or hitting a key. Simply put your finger on the power button and very quickly give it a click. This wakes up mine every time. Just a quickie click, don't hold it down. Works every time for me.

OP
bdeivert
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 8GB RAM
waking the Tiger

Hi James
I actually did that today before reading your post... didn't do it either, but I notice that sometimes if I plug in my iPod when it won't wake up, it comes out of the coma...

definitely not acceptable. May write a book"TIGER in a COMA"

cheers
BERT

James said:
The next time it happens to you do what i do whenever my G5 doesn't want to wake up by moving the mouse or hitting a key. Simply put your finger on the power button and very quickly give it a click. This wakes up mine every time. Just a quickie click, don't hold it down. Works every time for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.