headphone jack

Reaction score
I have a red light coming out of my headphone jack. My mac is dual booted. The red light only comes on when i am in windows. The sound works perfectly fine when I am in OS X. I have repeatedly tried to install or update the driver, which constantly tells me that the driver is up to date.

I have tried the toothpick in the jack trick and I got nothing. I figure it is not faulty, or it wouldn't work in OS X either. It is a sigmatel audio driver, which I have found and tried installing, but it is already up to date.

Can someone please help me

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your headphone jack is stuck in the digital output mode when in Windows, hence the red light. The only thing that seems to work (at least on the OS X side) is the toothpick trick. All I can suggest is to keep at it trying to trip it back to normal. You may not be able to - as has been reported by several users in which case you'll have to live with it when booted to Windows.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.