Connecting my Mac Pro to my Samsung LCD

Reaction score
Please forgive my dumbness;

So i got a Mac Pro, and i want to be sure i buy the right cable.

My Mac has a ATI Radeon HD, and my TV has a pc cable connection and a HDMI connection.

So i guess i need a HDMI to DVI Cable?

The connections on the Mac are all new to me. I just want to be sure im buying the right cable.

Thanks. :Oops:

Reaction score
I was in the same situation when I bought my mac (a year ago) but luckily I got it right first time.

Firstly you need a 'Mini-DisplayPort to DVI-D'. You then connect that to a 'DVI-D to HDMI' Lead and your good to go. Works great on my samsung 42" TV. I've heard the VGA connecters do not work with samsung tvs so stick to the DVI.

maybe you could get a 'Mini-Displayport to HDMI'??????? have apple made those yet? :S lol

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
"Assuming" this is the new Mac Pro with the ATI HD 4870, get one of these in the appropriate length.

OP
Jhuan0
Reaction score
I was in the same situation when I bought my mac (a year ago) but luckily I got it right first time.

Firstly you need a 'Mini-DisplayPort to DVI-D'. You then connect that to a 'DVI-D to HDMI' Lead and your good to go. Works great on my samsung 42" TV. I've heard the VGA connecters do not work with samsung tvs so stick to the DVI.

maybe you could get a 'Mini-Displayport to HDMI'??????? have apple made those yet? :S lol

I did get a Mini to DVI cable with my Mac.

I have now ordered this cable...

Premium HDMI to DVI Cable Gold 2 Metre: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Looks like it is the right one, but im still not sure.

Appreciate ur reply. Hopefully the cable i ordered will work.

OP
Jhuan0
Reaction score
"Assuming" this is the new Mac Pro with the ATI HD 4870, get one of these in the appropriate length.

Yea, i do have the ATI HD 4870 connection.

If the cable i have already ordered doesnt work (see above post), il try that one. Thanks. :Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.