• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Christmas gift ideas?

T

todd51

Ok, so my brother's fiance contacted me the other night and now I'm helping her come up with a gift for my brother. We just can't come up with anything. He doesn't do much at all and always asks for gift cards (which is what I'm giving him) but she doesn't want to give him those.

I thought of a remote car starter for his car, but his car is older and he will be looking into trading it within the next year. He loves sports and his favorite team is the Cubs, but she said she ALWAYS gets him Cubs stuff. Then I thought about a Tivo since he watches TV a lot when he gets home from work. Well, apparently he is getting "free" cable that has like 18 channels, so it wouldn't do him any good. Then I thought about a FM transmitter since he got an iPod Touch with the Macbook he got early this fall for the back to school sale. Turns out he gave that to the fiance because he doesn't even use the iPod. I'm sure he only uses his Macbook to check email and sports scores on the Internet. I don't know if he would appreciate a carrying case or something? He is seriously so hard to shop for.

Any helpful ideas? We are drawing blanks now.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
We just can't come up with anything. He doesn't do much at all...

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing!;) If he doesn't do "anything"...I can see your gift giving dilemma.

What the heck does he buy with the gift cards when he gets them?...maybe this would be a clue to what he wants or is interested in.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
T

todd51

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing!;) If he doesn't do "anything"...I can see your gift giving dilemma.

What the heck does he buy with the gift cards when he gets them?...maybe this would be a clue to what he wants or is interested in.

HTH,

- Nick

Yea I thought about that already. I'm not exactly sure what he does with the gift cards. I think he just buys movies or TV shows on DVD, which is currently what she is getting him. I think she just wants to get him something other than the usual.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Has he seen band of brothers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram
tickets for a cubs game???

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
tickets for a cubs game???

There is apparently a waiting list for season tickets. >_<"

I would just get him a Visa gift card or whatever...the he can basically use it anywhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch (Core 2 Duo)
Beer? Beer is always nice to get:Mischievous:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram
There is apparently a waiting list for season tickets. >_<"

I would just get him a Visa gift card or whatever...the he can basically use it anywhere.

Ebay!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Humm same time post, funny. Umm I don't trust buying tickets to an event from anywhere besides reputable ticket vendors. That's me though. ^-^"

Reaction score
Recording Studio Taster Gift Pack. A professional sound engineer will help you select a backing track for your recording. At the end of the day you will take home your song on CD or audio cassette. For more information follow the link in my signature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
TV on DVD never fails.. Find out what his fave shows are and pick him up a season or two.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini late 09 version
Gift cards are great for retailers ... many of them never get used.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.