New Airport user, base station question

P

Perniks

Okay, I just recently picked up an Apple Base Station. I have a PowerMac G5 and an iMac G5 that I’m trying to network, but I’ve run into a problem. I thought I had hooked my Base Station up correctly, but apparently I didn’t. My computers recognize that the base station is there, but I cannot get any internet access through it. I know I’m probably just making some dumb mistake along the way, but does anyone have any ideas?

Also, both the Mac’s obviously have Airport cards.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I'll take a stab at your problem. When that happens to me, but with a different router, I usually have to unplug everything, cords and cables from the modem and reset everything for me to get back my internet.

OP
I

IChing

I don't have apple's airport extreme base station but when I hooked up my router
(dlink) I made sure all firewalls were off until I was getting an internet connection.
The dlink has its own firewall, my powerbook it's own, and my pc. Then like iwhat said a factory hard reset.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.