Macbook pro delay between restarts

Reaction score
I have a 15" Macbook Pro 2.16 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo with 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM and running MacOSX 10.5.8.

If I restart the machine, the display goes black and the standby light comes up. I have to then shut the Macbook down and wait 5-10 minutes before i can restart it. The machine otherwise runs fine.

Can anyone let me know what might be the issue with my machine?

thanks
Maz

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You may have some issues with the hard drive. Start making backups before doing anything else. Use Time Machine to an external drive or cloning software such as SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner.

Boot your machine with your original Leopard install DVD. Escape out of the install OS X menu and select "Utilities", "Disk Utility", from the top menu. Click on the First Aid tab and then select "Verify" and "Repair". Keep running that until all errors are cleared up (if any). Also select and run "Repair Permissions". (That will take awhile to complete.)

If no errors are found, and while you're booted from the DVD, run the Apple Hardware Test. See this LINK

You might also wish to download and run the free OnyX maintenance utility.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.