Another question about MBP to HDTV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4gb DDR3 unibody, iPhone 3G 16gb, iPod Touch 16gb
now i know theres been a couple of threads about this topic of connecting MBP to HDTV...and i did create one awhile back about similar topic. But anywho when i plugged it in my old TV on the MBP it detect it but showed nothing on the TV....i figured it was the TV (phillips HDTV plasma) which was about 2 years old.

but i recently bought a brand new Sony Bravia KDL-52VL150 LCD TV and yet when i plug in the adapter (mini-HDMI) it doesnt detect it nor does it show anything on the TV... getting really frustrated... NEED INTENSE ONE-ONE help please... PM me or something any help with be greatly appreciated...

(PS i tried youtubing it and seems everyone showing how to do it is plug and play...but i vaguely remember someone saying that you cant do it or something im not sure...)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz Macbook Pro, 16g iPhone 3G, ancient 80g iPod video
wish i could help ya man

mine plugged in and defaulted to a two screen setup. i was able to change that on the laptop screen and then set the screen res to my liking.

good luck

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Would suggest you press the 'Display' button on your sony remote to change it to the input you have plugged the MBP into.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
when i press display...theres a list of inputs but the only ones im able to go to are the ones with something plugged in so TV and the other is HDMI..(which is connected to the adapter which is connected to MBP...any other suggestions? please and thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4gb, 500gb
This may sound stupid, but did you try to power off the mac, turn on the TV, hook in the cables then power on? For it to plug and play it has to be connected while off then powered on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 3.06Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256 SSD (4TB G-RAID); iPhone 3G 16GB
Where did you get the mini-HDMI adapter? I need one for doing the same thing.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i bought it from apple store...30 bucks... im sure theres cheaper ways..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.