Experiencing "Lollipop" When Upgraded to Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a Macbook (Aluminum body) which was upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard. However, I have been noticing the "lollipop" has been occurring more frequently with duration lasting approximately at least 2 minutes.

I have emptied the Trash regularly; and do not have any applications that run upon startup.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Babylon5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
OP
babylon5
Reaction score
Is all your software up to date?
Have you installed any software that is not compatible?
When is the "lollipop" (spinning beach ball) happening, what app are you using, and is that app up to date?
There are many variables, so the more info the better.
How much space is on your hard drive?
Have you repaired disk permissions lately?
Also, check out this link:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/93819-basic-os-x-mac-troubleshooting.html
6string: The available space on hard drive is 137.62 GB but I think that should be sufficient. Will run the repair disk permissions and get to you and the rest of the forum members to see if there is any improvements.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Using Boot Camp?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Keep the Console open (Applications => Utilities => Console). When the beachballs happen, see if it coincides with any particular behavior in the system log. Also, I would recommend keeping Activity Monitor open and sort the processes by % of CPU utilization. That might give you some clue as to what's going on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.