B

badmojo

Basket_Case_24 said:
whats best iWork or Office for mac?

i need to be able to open the documents on word for XP

i want the best futures possible!!

any ideas??

thanks!!

Office...definately. You'll also have Excel which is almost as ubiquitous as Word, and you'll have Entourage which is basically Outlook for Mac...but better. I've written documents on both mac and pc and Word translates even complex documents very well. No worries. The student/teacher edititon is only $129 at CompUSA, and I think it can be installed on up to 3 machines too.

iWork is not really an office suite. It's somewhere between MS Publisher and MS Powerpoint, and as I understand, its sales are abysmal. Resellers are starting to give it away in certain circumstances. If you need word processing, defiately get MS Office.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4ghz SR, 256m 8600gt, 640gb HD, 3gb RAM
Hmm, what circumstances are resellers starting to give away?? And where...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
IWork is actually quite good for the price. Pages is very compatible with Word, and presentation with Power Point. They really need to make a Spreadsheet for it in the future also, but for now if you do not need anything more than a Word Processor and Presentation program, Iwork is well worth it. So far all my word documents open with no problems.

OP
M

meltbanana314

If you need full Office compatibility and a ton features you'll never use then by all means go with Office. But if you want to show Microsoft that they aren't the only big software developer in the world, go with iWork.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
i would say office. there really is no compatibility problems if you go with iwork. i have tried both. i would say go with office because you will be very familiar with it. in school they have macs and pc's. because i use office at home i am very comfortable on whatever computer anywhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.