16GB touch collectors item

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Just sitting here wondering after finding out that my other car a 82 model holden is shooting up in price, if the 2nd Gen 16GB iPod Touch's will go along the lines of being a collectors item or will be sort after in the future as they dont make a 16GB anymore.

What do others think ?? Will they become a classic iPod that people will be wanting because they dont make them?

Just thinking if i should keep it when im looking at upgrading to the iPhone next Gen when they finally release them :)

Cheers

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I kind of doubt that the 16gig 2nd gen. iPod Touch will ever be a collector's item. There really isn't anything special about them. I know that Apple is no longer making the 16gig version...but that's not really special.

With iPod Touch's with less memory (8gig) and more memory (32gig)...it's just a "middle of the pack" product.

Even the 1993 Apple "Newton" (which was a much more innovative product)...is selling for $119 on eBay...and had an original price of $700.

I would say sell it ASAP...before it decreases in value.

Just my humble opinion,;)

- Nick

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yea thanks pigoo ... Thought as much but cant help wondering... On anything electrical really, becoming a CLASSIC
Will keep it then but as i said i will wait until the next Gen iPhones come out then look at getting rid of it

Cheers

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yea thanks pigoo ... Thought as much but cant help wondering... On anything electrical really, becoming a CLASSIC
Will keep it then but as i said i will wait until the next Gen iPhones come out then look at getting rid of it

Cheers

Of all of the Apple hardware that I've seen...very very few models actually increase in value over time...sometimes the best you can hope for is for a model (that is destined to be a collector's item)...to just hold it's value.

I can think of a few Apple products that fall into this category:

- "THE" original Mac
- the Apple "Lisa"
- The 20th Anniversary Mac holds up well..(but still sells for less than it sold for new)

Old Apple (or any electronics item) is more of a conversation piece than it's a collector's item (in terms of increasing in value).

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.