How can you add Parental Controls to Admin?

Reaction score
Hi. I'm trying to study for upcoming finals, and it would be nice to be able to block my favorite sites. I've already applied them on the other user accounts. Has anyone figured out a way to do it on Admin?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Assuming OS is Tiger or later, you don't say, and you do have admin rights. Go to System Preferences > Parental Controls > click the padlock, enter your password, and go from there.

Self control also may help.

OP
V
Reaction score
Mac OS X

Yeah, sorry I forgot to add Mac OS X.

I'm an admin, and I've been toying with it. But that doesn't seem to work, it won't allow me to add them to admin.

So that's what I'm looking for.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
That's not possible, since it would defeat the point. An admin is a user who can do anything without restrictions.

If you want, you can designate a new account as an admin, and then use that to remove the admin privileges from your old account. (This is a good idea in general.)

But I agree with harryb2448 on this one. Self control is the only real way to go. Consider it your most important final. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Agreed with technologist.
Practicing self control is your best option, and besides, as admin, if you could set parental controls to your admin account, you could always change the parental controls anyway if you decided to visit those sites :)
What you really need is someone else to change your admin account password for you, and keep it from you, and set up a guest account for you with the parental controls you require!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Same if you set up a new account with controls ~ you could simply revert back to the original account and presto happily playing away.

My boy, or girl as the case may be, your entire future depends on doing very well in the upcoming exams. Get serious!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Here is an app I found out of curiosity LOL

Steve Lambert SelfControl
You are studying and have goals, ie achieving good marks in your finals, and this is all you need to keep in the forefront of your mind.
Reward yourself for hard study, but set yourself time lines.
um amount of time study, um amount of time break.
Self control is something that will be a tool to get you through study and the rest of your life, and when I put that link up for that application, I did it tongue in cheek, believing that Harry hit the nail on the head... Study hard, and reap the benefits once you are done!
I hope to see no more posts from you other than the good grades that you got for your finals :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.