Refurbished iPod Touch from China

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So I decided to order a refurbished iPod Touch yesterday for my wife for Christmas.

Initially the delivery date was December 4th (which makes sense if the unit was coming from California via Fed Ex ground). But then I got the tracking info today...and it's shipping from China with a delivery date of December 7th.

This sort of surprised me. Not that Apple products are made in China...but that a "refurbished" unit was coming from China. I guess that I pretty much figured that a refurbished unit would come from the United States, or at least North America.

Using the logic that many refurbished units are customer returns or orders that were canceled.

Any thoughts?

- Nick

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Well I'm scratching my head...wondering how I got my refurbished iPod Touch so fast.

According to the Fed Ex tracking info, the iPod left Shenzhen, China yesterday, and got to my place in Ohio this morning (overnight delivery)! Of course there are 13 hours time difference to factor in...but you don't "gain" time coming from China, you "lose" time.

And considering I took advantage of the free shipping (which is usually the slow method once the product hits the US)...free overnight shipping from China is pretty darn good!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook core 2 duo, 2 GHz, 2GB, 320GB HDD
lucky you. ordered on too. suck in toronto, am getting it until next week, should be have been here yesterday according to fedex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
Fedex is notoriously shady with shipping. I ordered an iPod Shuffle last winter. Took forever but it finally got to its destination. It was faulty and I was issued a replacement from Apple. Fedex left the replacement hanging from my mailbox out on the highway instead of bringing it down the driveway to my door.

More recently I had ordered something else (non-Apple product). It actually got to the local hub early, and they could have delivered it that day. Did they? Nope. Instead they left it sit at the hub for an extra day or two because it "wasn't due yet". Not even kidding, their own words when I called them. They had a chance to improve customer relations, instead, they just murdered their chances with everyone I know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.