airport internet sharing problem

Reaction score
@mac_fix_it 08 Macbook pro 2.4g model 4,01 10.5.7, when I download files using Airport internet sharing (Wii GT hero song, or Wii system update, downloads) it disconnects on Verizon wireless, then Mac msg "remote server disconnected". Verizon says it’s getting multiple IP on there side so that is why it’s disconnecting.
If I go to 10.5.8 does this get fixed or is that system even more problems. Also, I repeatedly have the system not shut down if the Ethernet is not activated, so anytime there is a crash and that turned off it will not shut down, is this fixed in 10.5.8?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Also, I repeatedly have the system not shut down if the Ethernet is not activated,

Sounds like there are some settings needed in Sys Prefs/Network/airport that need sorting. If Leopard is slow to shut down it could be it is trying to connect to the internet before commencing shutdown sequence. Downloading this will ensure you have the latest OS on you MBP but may not help with issues u are having. Try going into Sys Prefs/Network/Airport and under Show: Automatic try setting up a location for the connection that u use the most making sure the Primary and Secondary DNS for that ISP shows up, if they dont then add them manually.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.